Our clients are faced with increasing challenges in terms of lead times, efficiency, stock levels or aircraft downtimes. In response,
Kuehne + Nagel has developed KN SparesChain, as a flexible logistics solutions for various customers worldwide. Thus, we are able to help you with order management or AOG (aircraft on ground) and engine shipments while ensuring cost savings.
Considering our customers’ need to operate at part level, we take over the shipment level and offer a global backbone for the aerospace aftermarket, involving robust certified processes and sustainable savings. Through KN SparesChain, we have the capability to manage your aviation parts with relevant competence: advanced IT system, certified staff and industry expertise.
In order to meet customer demands and industry requirements, we developed the aerospace footprint around which we based the solution model:
- 24/7 AOG desk network with advanced monitoring, alerting and visibility
- EN/AS 9100 certified global warehouse network and staff
- 360° logistic service offering – end-to-end supply chain cycle
- Point-to-point shipping, with daily pipeline forecasts (prior to flight arrival)
- Tracking and reporting of repair / supplier cycle times per order, part and supplier
Our dedicated solution is more than just transportation and related processes. We outpace the traditional logistical practices by working to become a “one-stop-shop” for our customers and to maintain competitive advantage.
- EASA Part 145 approved repair and rework shops – composite and sheet material repair; rapid intervention crews; interior and exterior structural components repairs
- Disposal solutions – re-selling, mostly standard Y/C seats, galleys and components; recertification for rotable materials; scrapping
- Recycling solutions – a scrap certificate is issued, and recycled materials sent to other industries
KN SparesChain enables the customer to access advanced information, be appreciated by having customized services, and feel at ease due to our long-standing, global aerospace expertise. This customer-facing solution simplifies your daily operations, by providing:
- Customised IT interface using order-level processes, with less infrastructure for customers
- Risk reduction on mission critical orders
- Comprehensive performance monitoring across all repair & new-buy suppliers
- Up-to-date information for improved shift planning and identification of priorities, helping to avoid unnecessary costs
- Increased control, minimised disruption and reduced Costs